Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
We are looking for a highly motivated mobile engineering intern to create exceptional user experiences for our users. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and collaborate with our top-notch design team and back end developers. Our goal is to set the bar for what vehicle mobile user experience can be. We want to work with people who are excited by this goal and have the talent to deliver on it.
What to Expect
- Design, code, and maintain mobile user experiences.
- Optimize code for performance, stability and maintainability.
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/Validation, and designers.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts, good at solving complex technical problems.
- Experience using common design patterns. High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.