Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
Want to work on IoT platforms that support Powerwall, Powerpack, Megapack, Tesla Solar, Solar Roof, Powerhub, Supercharger, Autobidder, Model S/3/X, and the Tesla App? Want to work with functional programming, streaming data, and distributed systems? Or a bleeding-edge UI for trading energy in real-time financial markets, shaping the future of the electric grid? Or create real-time embedded controls for Supercharger stations?
The Tesla Energy Software team has multiple software engineering internship positions open for UI and frontend development, cloud and distributed systems, and embedded firmware.
- As a working member of the Energy Software team, design, develop, test and deploy software for Tesla products.
- Own end-to-end develop of software features and applications.
- Work with product managers and engineering leaders to define and develop new features.
- Currently pursuing a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering undergraduate or master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to learn quickly, and a passion for moving fast and building great things
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance