Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
What to Expect
Typical duties of the Project Management interns may include the following:
- Work collaboratively with fast-paced, cross-functional teams to solve complex issues, set goals, track deliverables, and report out.
- Assist in root cause identification of failures/problems and assist in building all possible solutions.
- Provide updates in weekly program and executive reviews for project/program development and implementation status.
- Assist in troubleshooting of system operational issues.
- Track project milestones including task duration and resource usage.
- Create reports showing critical path activities and schedules.
- Perform detailed analysis of problems and all possible solutions.
- Perform project walks with system owners.
- Review FMEA and provide technical input in the review process.
- Ensure proper close-out of the entire project/program.
- Other duties as required to meet project/program goals
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in engineering, project management, business or other related fields.
- PMP, PMI certificates or experience in project management is helpful.
- Experience working with design, development and implementation of projects. Preference in the automotive industry or high speed automated lines.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic cross-functional projects with engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and test to meet project timelines.
- Proficient at risk management and communication.
- Experience working in time critical and fast-paced product development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.