Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
An Industrial Engineering intern will deliver projects in improving manufacturing and material flow, including (but not limited to) associate safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
What to Expect
• Utilization of work measurement to optimize factory and material flow processes
• Development of layout and production line alternatives
• Decision support through trade-off, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
· Currently working towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Systems Engineering
· Exposure to lean manufacturing principles and concepts; bonus – application of these principles leading to real world results
· High comfort level in high expectations environment
· Software skills: MySQL, basic Excel, flowcharting software; bonus – 2D/3D CAD, linear programming, simulation, advanced Excel
· Previous experience in production control, material flow, manufacturing, process engineering, internal consulting, systems engineering, and/or warehousing