Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
• Fremont, CA
• Palo Alto, CA
• Reno, NV
About the Teams
As an intern you will partner with experienced IT infrastructure and automation engineers to help design, build, and manage the underlying infrastructure that runs various services for all business units. Below are a few of the teams under our IT Operations umbrella.
IT Operations Departments
• IT Help Desk
• IT Operations
• IT Field Services
• IT Analyst
• Unified Communications
• Troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for Tesla’s global IT infrastructure to provide for the growth of Tesla’s initiatives.
• Review data and document process flows
• Manage vendor and asset management along with managing IT budget, vendor RFP’s and much more
• Work with Telecommunications engineers and manage various parts of business communication platforms
• Currently in the process of obtaining, a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related disciple in Information Technology, Information Systems
• Experience with managing the following; Linux (Ubuntu, Centros, Red Hat), or 802.11 wireless network concepts
• Familiarity with end point system management tools (SCCM, JAMF, Intune) and supporting mobile devices
• Experience in design and development of voice user interface such as IVR/Speech Applications VOICEXML, GRXML, CCXML, TWIML
• Knowledge and experience with Ticketing systems
• Ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment and communicate cross functionally
• Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus