Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
- Fremont, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
Interns within Vehicle Integration & Attributes will support the design, development, production, and testing of current & future vehicle components and products. Your scope of work will be a combination of mechanical, electrical, design, and software projects depending on team requirements, challenging you to come up with creative solutions to affect rigorous quality and cost-down targets. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional partners, external vendors, and suppliers.
About the team
Tesla’s Energy Service Industrial & Process Engineering team develops, standardizes, and implements the tools, equipment and processes necessary to support our Field Operations worldwide.
What to expect
- Design, test, and deploy tooling and equipment to sustainably service our Energy commercial product line
- Create design packages and instructions for proper manufacturing and assembly of designs
- Assist in engineering prototype builds and component fabrication
- Modeling and design of mechanical systems and components including plastic, metal and sheet metal parts, insulators, wire-harnesses, fasteners, and other components
- Mechanical design analysis including thermal, structural, design for assembly & manufacture, and design for test
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability through coursework, experience, and attitude
- School or passion projects that showcase the candidate’s abilities, skills, and passion is a plus
- Ability to hit the ground running with 2D/3D CAD tasks such as drawings, 3D modeling and basic analysis
- Open to learning new concepts, information, and tools at an accelerated pace
- Passionate about changing the world