This position will work within the Project Management team to facilitate DevOps, Business Solutions and Customer Onboarding projects.
The primary responsibility of the Project Management Intern is to assist the team of lead project managers in identifying and communicating project updates, milestones, meeting minutes and other various tasks as assigned by the Project Manager. A strong candidate would also display an aptitude for creating visualizations and Gantt charts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read and understand contracts and/or legal documents to facilitate project requirements and timeline
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate, and document project requirements and prerequisites
- Develop familiarity with business functions, team members, and department priorities
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with various departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts
- Lead small sub-projects and other project personnel to onboard new customers and implement business application systems changes
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required
Self-Starter – The Business Analyst can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The Business Analyst works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
Uses Effective Communication Skills – The Business Analyst uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear, and concise in communication. He/she effectively matches style, tone, and delivery method of the intended audience.
Displays Leadership/Team Orientation – The Business Analyst displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond his/her area of expertise.
Technical Skills – The Business Analyst holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she continually evolves their technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
- Dedicated self-starter with a high level of initiative, assertiveness, curiosity, and inquisitiveness
- Experience with Object Oriented coding languages preferred
- Quick study with the desire to continuously develop and grow professionally and personally
- Contributes ideas and builds off others’ ideas
- A methodical and analytical approach to solving problems
- An ability to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Willingness to work as necessary, to get the job completed on time and at the highest level of quality
- Ability to work effectively, communicate, and relate to a wide variety of personalities at different levels
- Ability to effectively manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with application development and procedural/object-oriented programming languages
- Detail-oriented; positive attitude; team-oriented
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.