The Information Technology Intern provides support to end users on a variety of IT issues, by identifying, researching, and resolving IT technical problems. The incumbent responds to IT client telephone calls and email requests for service. The Information Technology Intern documents, tracks and monitors the problems to ensure a timely resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
· Configure, maintain, and support PCs and laptops
· Provide IT support in-person and over the phone
· Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot a variety of software and hardware
· Create, manage, and maintain network/email accounts
· Troubleshoot remote access issues
· Install and support local and network printers
· Setup and troubleshoot mobile devices such as iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
· Support and troubleshoot copiers, scanners, and printers
· Accurately manage, document and close helpdesk tickets as assigned
· Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is a requirement
· Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Customer Focus – The Information Technology Intern will maintain a customer focus by understanding the customer’s viewpoint. He/she is to be viewed by customers as a business partner who anticipates their needs and assures there are no barriers to doing business.
Effective Communication Skills – The Information Technology Intern uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear and concise in communication. He/she uses appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
Technical Skills – The Information Technology Intern holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she proactively strives to stay ahead of technical expertise and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
· Currently enrolled junior/senior year student pursuing a degree in MIS/IS or related area of study
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Basic knowledge of PC hardware
· Basic understanding of networking technologies and protocols such as basic IP addressing, DNS and DHCP
· Basic knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and move computer and A/V equipment
· Basic ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
· Past customer service and efficient time management skills a plus
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills
· Experience with Active Directory a plus
· Experience with Windows Server a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machines. Travel may be required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer