Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Days: Monday – Friday
POSITION SUMMARY- Mental Health Family Advocate
Family Peer Support Specialist engage, inspire, and encourage participants and their families, families of choice, and natural supports to actively support the participants’ recovery plan. Family Peer Support Specialist provide information, education, and resources to supporters so they can be better prepared to bring out the best in their loved one, whether it be while the person is living independently or in the family home. Family Peer Support Specialist are part of an integrated service team who promote and reinforce Telecare’s Recovery Culture as defined by the Telecare Recovery Centered Clinical System (RCCS) in which each participant and their supporters’ points of view and preferences are recognized, understood, respected, and integrated into services and self-help programming. Additionally, Family Peer Support Specialist respond to critical situations with high-level engagement and de-escalation skills which support a least restrictive environment for participants experiencing an emergency related to a behavioral health challenge.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Successful completion of Family Peer Support Training or completed within one year of hire
• MUST have demonstrated lived experience as a parent or primary caregiver of a person with behavioral health care needs.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
Case Management/Mental Health Care direct care experience. Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
• Completion of Family Peer Support Training
• Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural a plus