REMOTE GRANT WRITING INTERN – starting immediately
Techie Youth is seeking an intern who is interested in playing an important support role in its fundraising and grant seeking initiative. Techie Youth team members will provide guidance and training that will teach applicable strategies and techniques for content writing in grant applications. This role will ask interns to research and understand the needs of the grant funding organization as well as be able to utilize Techie Youth content in a persuasive manner.
Required for this role:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with writing any of the following: articles, reports, proposals, marketing material, copywriting, press releases, grant writing
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to understand a proposal that aligns with funder’s objectives and interest
- Great organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to be coached
- Strong work ethic with ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with attention to details and deadlines.
- Ability to commit at least 15 hours/week
Candidates should be enrolled in university or have graduated.
THIS IS AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER POSITION
To apply, please send resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com
We are a not-for-profit charity that collaborates with NYC to help at-risk youth in New York find their life-path and become career-oriented professionals. Our focus is on serving youth who are facing homelessness or incarceration, as well as foster kids growing up without parents. Many of our youth are teenage parents, transgender/LGBTQ+, ADHD and/or on the Autism spectrum, survivors of severe child abuse (PTSD,) or have other substantial life-challenges.