This position is responsible for identifying, assessing, and treating clients with speech, language, swallowing disorders, and voice disorders. This position is responsible for delivery of quality service, promoting good public relations, and for upholding the mission and standards of the facility.
- Evaluates the client by utilizing appropriate diagnostic assessment tools for dysphagia, speech/language/voice disorders.
- Performs Speech Pathology treatment procedures based on initial and on-going client evaluation.
- Develops and implements the client’s plan of care in collaboration with the physician, other health care professionals, family/caregiver according to agency procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Documents the care provided, instructions given, client’s progress toward goals, and changes in condition following each visit adhering to Tabitha’s policies and procedures and state/federal regulations.
- Reports significant changes in the client’s condition to the physician and nursing staff.
- Communicates and coordinates care with other health care professionals involved in the care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates therapeutic exercise programs and instructs the client’s family/caregiver/Rehabilitation Aide/Functional Maintenance Aide in carrying out the program.
- Consults with the attending physician and obtains a written telephone order for changes in the client’s plan of care.
- Ensures that assigned clients’ clinical records are complete, timely, and reflect coordination of care.
- Oversees and coordinates Rehabilitation aides’ client care activities.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to complete responsibilities according to plan within established time frames to meet the client’s medical and social needs.
- Communicates effectively with families, staff and support services to achieve client goals and meet service expectations.
- Provides client care in a service environment that demonstrates honesty, integrity, compassion and trust.
- Promote positive client/staff relations according to the mission statement of Tabitha Health Care Services.
- Follows all policies and procedures for Tabitha Health Care Services and Rehabilitation.
- Assures delivery of optimum service by reporting to work on time as scheduled, and/or providing appropriate advance notification.
- Participates in personal and professional growth by attending mandatory inservices and scheduled department meetings and seminars.
- Follows all safety and infection control policies and practices of the facility and regulatory agencies at all times.
- Maintains work schedule which allows for coverage in all Rehab. programs as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in client care conferences as indicated whenever on duty.
- Maintains a positive outlook toward employer and work responsibilities.
- Dresses and conducts self in an appropriate manner according to established procedures.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates all student interns and volunteers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor.