Each Home Health Aide enhances the ability of Tabitha’s Seniors/residents/clients (hereinafter, “Seniors/clients”) to remain at home, living independently for as long as possible by providing personal care, emotional support, assistance with activities of daily living, and basic therapeutic care to Seniors/clients. While doing so, they will contribute to the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of Seniors/clients through respectful, professional, competent and personable interaction. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate records of Senior/client care. This TEAMember strives to uphold Tabitha’s LIVE2Care culture and actively embraces Tabitha’s Core Values. By doing so, the TEAMember supports Tabitha goals related to the dignity, respect, independence, competence, autonomy, personal comfort, safety and security of Seniors/clients. In addition, the TEAMember contributes to the success of Tabitha through ongoing collaboration with family members, TEAMembers, management, volunteers and others in the organization.
- Performs Seniors’/clients’ personal care including activities of daily living and therapeutic care according to Senior’s/client’s written plan of care as instructed.
- Identifies Senior/client/family teaching needs to the nurse to maintain the Senior/client in their own home.
- Performs Senior/client care in Senior’s/client’s home, Tabitha nursing home, or other facility, as assigned and instructed.
- Assists in monitoring the Senior’s/client’s use of equipment according to the written plan of care.
- Provides emotional support to Senior/client and family.
- Observes and reports changes in the Senior’s/client’s condition and problems to the Senior’s/client’s nurse or supervisor according to procedures.
- Documents care provided, observations made, and communications with the visiting nurse on the Senor’s/client’s clinical record.
- Adheres to the Senior’s/client’s Bill of Rights.
- Adheres to and has knowledge of HHC policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes assignments to complete care for Seniors/clients in allotted time making adjustments throughout shift to meet frequently changing and overlapping Senior/client/caregiver/TEAMember/manager needs. Utilizes strength, agility and stamina to carry out all essential functions safely and effectively. Willingly takes on additional duties during times of peak workload or in response to Senior/client requests.
- Drives from one Senior/client to another, adapting to changing road and/or weather conditions.
- Uses strength, agility and dexterity to gain access to each Senior’s/client’s home, carrying needed equipment into and out of the home.
- Uses strength, agility, stamina and prioritization skills to respond promptly to frequent and often last minute, overlapping Senior/client/caregiver/TEAMember/manager needs or requests.
- Evaluates emergency situations, performing CPR when necessary based on training. Maintains current CPR certification, taking refresher courses to continually maintain an active certification at all times. Is responsible for payment of any fees related to this if the refresher training is not taken at Tabitha.
- Maintains, at his/her own expense, a valid Driver’s License and Automobile insurance at least equal to the state minimums. Provides a reliable vehicle.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations regarding privacy by insuring that Protected Health Information (PHI) is safeguarded at all times. In addition, maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding any matter pertaining to any Tabitha Seniors/clients.
- Consistently uses strength, agility and good body mechanics when performing essential functions, follows appropriate safety and infection control policies and procedures of Tabitha and/or community and regulatory agencies.
- Assures reports of all broken and malfunctioning equipment are made in a timely manner.
- Follows disaster plans and uses strength and agility during participation in preparedness drills and actual emergencies. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Completes required training and in-services promptly. Demonstrates understanding of the course content and implements training in daily activities.
- Participates in competency training/testing when required by policy or other business need of Tabitha.
- Makes good decisions that contribute to the wellbeing of the Senior/clients.
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position, as assigned by Tabitha, regardless of TEAMember preference.
- Maintains courteous relationship with supervisors, TEAMembers, Seniors/clients, family members, loved ones, members of other departments and volunteers, providing support and assistance to TEAMembers to ensure quality Senior/client care. Volunteers to assist others, seeks opportunities to serve Seniors/clients/loved ones/TEAMembers/Tabitha. Demonstrates the ability to listen to Senior/client, TEAMembers, caregiver, family concerns and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the care and treatment of all Seniors/clients. Maintains the strength and stamina sufficient to perform safe transfers to and from the bed, chair, commode, bathtub, etc.
- Participates in meetings and in-services on both department and company levels.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality as defined by Tabitha’s policy pertaining to attendance and punctuality. Records all time worked accurately and consistently using the timekeeping method provided by Tabitha.
- Complies with Tabitha policies and procedures as published by Tabitha and which may be modified at Tabitha’s discretion. Contributes to quality assurance and performance improvement activities by identifying instances of non-compliance and taking appropriate action, including reporting violations of Tabitha policy or regulations as appropriate.
- Acts with integrity and in the best interest of Tabitha. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of Tabitha, free of gifts, cash inducements, gratuities, favors, or other improper inducements.
- Willingly takes on additional duties and/or assignments, assisting with projects and responding to requests as assigned or as necessary.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR HOSPICE AIDE TEAMEMBERS
- Provides meal preparation, household and other duties assigned by Senior/client to facilitate the Senior’s/client’s self-care at home.