Strictly Business Magazine is a locally owned and operated business. We publish two magazines monthly. We have been in the Lincoln market for 27 years and expanded into the Omaha market over 10 years ago. Strictly Business is a direct mailed news and marketing magazine. A publication containing vital local business information, it’s mailed into the hands of nearly every CEO, business owner and key executive in the city. Not only does the magazine reach business owners and managers, but it also reaches secretaries, lower-level management and other employees within the office. These readers are not only businesspeople; they are also the city’s biggest consumers.
As an advertising tool, Strictly Business Magazine is unique by giving clients precise targeting and guaranteed total business market coverage. This method has been proven very successful for advertisers. The magazine is also an excellent tool to increase visibility in its respective markets, whether the objective is to gain more clients or not. This ‘image advertising’ works especially well in Strictly Business because of our high-end demographic.
DISCLAIMER: APPLICANT MUST BE IN THE LINCOLN/OMAHA MARKET. THIS IS NOT A FREELANCER POSITION. APPLICANT MUST WORK IN LINCOLN OFFICE.
- Managing the editorial content for two publications monthly – Strictly Business Lincoln and Strictly Business Omaha.
- Client correspondence/editorial scheduling – Schedule all client editorial and manage throughout contract period to ensure all value-added features are received.
- Interviewing – Gather information/material for editorial content via phone, email, and in person.
- Copywriting – Put together news releases, columns, Client Spotlights and feature stories for each publication.
- Editing – Responsible for proofreading and all final edits made to the publication and ensuring all content meets our editorial guidelines and publishing requirements.
- Meeting monthly deadlines – Manage and perform all work within two set press deadlines.
- Special events – Attend networking and company events as well as participating on event planning committees and assisting with event production as requested.
Qualifications – Skills/Strengths:
- Exceptional professional writing skills. Formal education and/or training and previous job experience preferred but willing to evaluate writing samples and performance in skills test during the interview process.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Sales experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers/clients as well as working effectively with the team.
- Organizational skills to effectively manage all client editorial. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite, and general desktop functions.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A positive attitude, a team player, and professional conduct in the workplace and as a representative of Strictly Business in the community.
Essentially, we are looking for someone who is personable, can write great, error-free editorial content and has a positive, can-do attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
We are looking to hire RIGHT AWAY.
We are in the business to increase our clients’ credibility, sales & profits and we do that in print, online, in person, and on social media channels… and we hope to find another team member to help us accomplish this goal with passion.
Very competitive base salary, plus paid vacation, plus advancement, plus bonuses!
Strictly Business Magazine would like to thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Strictly Business Magazine is an equal opportunity employer.