Streck is seeking candidates for a research and development summer intern to work with our scientific professionals on product enhancements and new product development. This position will primarily work within the scope of bioanalytical chemistry. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical skills to work in an industry setting.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide support to mass spectrometry group on various research projects within Streck
- Sample preparation for proteomics analysis prior to mass spectrometry analysis
- Operate and maintain mass spectrometry instrumentation – including Bruker MALDI Ultraflextreme mass spectrometers
- Collect and analyze data for new products and product improvements based on the understanding of the instrumentation and project goals.
- Summarize data and provide findings to project scientists.
- Masters or graduate level in standing pursuing a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, materials science, polymer science or a related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise with MALDI mass spectrometry
- Demonstrated expertise in mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides including quantitative proteomics, peptide mapping, intact protein analysis, post-translational modifications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to deliver on project timelines individually or in a team setting
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong publication record in peer–reviewed journals
- Actual hands-on experience, responsibility, and accountability for operation and maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometers
- Expertise with various body fluid matrices, including blood, urine, etc.
- Basic understanding of any of the following types of techniques, clinical hematology and urinalysis, molecular biology (e.g. PCR, flow cytometry), analytical chemistry (e.g. HPLC, GC, FTIR
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility. The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is located in a state-of-the art facility just minutes from Interstate 80 in the southwest Omaha/LaVista area. We offer a collaborative environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance and corporate wellness focus.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.