The primary responsibilities include:
- Complete all raw material sampling and check-in procedures according to department Work Instructions.
- Aseptically transfer Red Blood Cells packs into blood bottles and submit verification and micro samples.
- Assist with the initial washing, batching and filtering of incoming RBC packs.
- Assist in processing materials by adding diluents, pulling samples and aspirating by careful visual inspection.
- Assist with placing RBC batches into product specific diluents by means of repeated washing, centrifuging, and aspirating.
- Complete all appropriate documentation necessary for traceability, including component files and lot information, accurately, legibly and in a timely manner
- Enrolled in high school or collegiate experience in a science related field of study
- Must be dependable, well organized, and be able to communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing.
- Proven solid work history.
- Must display the ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Prior laboratory experience helpful.
- Proficient PC skills