Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking volunteers to support work on two of our key programs: Climate Corps and Climate Corps Education Outside. This is a part-time, remote, unpaid position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through October 31st, 2020, with position start dates to be negotiated on an individual basis.
About SEI and our Programs
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is a nonprofit that builds leaders to drive climate solutions. For over 20 years, SEI’s focus has been on building capacity to create sustainable communities through scalable programs and models. Its flagship programs (Energize Schools, Energize Colleges, School of Environmental Leadership, and Climate Corps) integrate climate education, training, and career development. From young students to emerging professionals to communities, SEI programs engage local talent to directly address their community’s sustainability goals by leading projects with measurable environmental, economic, and social benefits. For more information about SEI’s programs, visit our website at www.seiinc.org.
Available Programs and Associated Volunteer Responsibilities
Climate Corps is an award-winning fellowship program that provides professional development opportunities for emerging leaders through implementation of sustainability and resiliency projects with local governments, nonprofits, and for-profit businesses. Through Climate Corps, we simultaneously help organizations address climate and sustainability projects and cultivate the next generation of environmental leaders. Since 2010, Climate Corps has worked with over 125 partners and 500 Fellows on 1000 high-impact projects.
As a volunteer working on Climate Corps projects, you will:
Support Sustainability Trainings:
- Administrative management (organize presenter information, track attendance in google sheets, update agendas)
- Create communications for emerging professionals and presenters about training information
- Conduct preliminary research on training topics and themes
- (optional) Attend sustainability trainings or view a recording of a past training with sustainability professionals
Support Program Evaluation:
- Support qualitative survey development to ensure our evaluation tools are unbiased, clear, and concise
- Analyze survey responses for trends and outcomes for us to improve our program
- Conduct research on past Fellows to support our efforts to best serve our Climate Corps Alumni
- Conduct analysis on alumni data for us to better understand the impact our program has on our alumni and their career paths
Climate Corps Education Outside
As a volunteer working on Climate Corps Education Outside projects, you will:
- Conduct data collection, analysis, and management
- Review and organize curriculum resources
- Compile AmeriCorps member-facing resources
- Assist in marketing and communications efforts to promote the CCEO program brand
- Assisting in updating program resources for next school year’s program cycle
All SEI volunteers will:
- Possess familiarity with Google Drive including Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms, etc.
- Possess familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Possess or be in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Have the ability to commit to a minimum of 300 hours over a 4-month period
- Be detail oriented
- Have experience with outreach
- Possess familiarity with metrics, data management, or tracking
Additionally, some projects will require more specialized skills in the following areas:
- Thrive on organization
- Embrace efficiency
SEI currently seeks candidates to fill unpaid volunteer positions with significant skill development and networking opportunities.
Email a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter the project area in which you are most interested/qualified.
Upon receipt and review of your application, a staff member will contact you and address next steps. We will seek to fill positions based on the candidate response and near-term program/project needs.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contribute to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required.