Position Purpose: Support the mission of the Office of the General Counsel to provide responsive, valuable and professional legal services to the company.
- Supports the legal department with, e-discovery, document review, and productions to regulators and/or in litigation.
- Supports the legal department with legal research.
- Interacts with outside legal counsel on designated matters.
- Stays current on legal developments that affect company business and foster continuing personal improvement in the quality and level of legal advice provided.
- Collaborates with other legal team members and colleagues to deliver useful and results-oriented legal services within the Company.
- Serves as a role model for ethics and professionalism in business conduct.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Prefer candidates with a minimum of 2 years completion of college coursework
- Law school student preferred
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Proven, responsible and cogent decision making ability, problem solving skills and judgment
- Ability to prioritize, to remain calm and focused, and to deliver quality work product in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent demands
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Relativity, Westlaw and e-mail
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment