The Stockyards Ag Experience Education & Marketing Intern must be a self-motivated, highly engaged professional with a passion for telling the ag story. The education and marketing intern contributes to the success of education initiatives at the Stockyards Ag Experience like the AgVenture Club, Local Foods Fair and other programming focused events.
Full-time internship may begin Monday, May 24, 2021 and concludes Friday, August 13, 2021. Work hours include two Saturdays each month. Work is on site at the Stockyards Ag Experience Barn at Falls Park, 301 E. Falls Park Drive in Sioux Falls, and includes key visitor services responsibilities in programming/education, marketing (in particular social media) and visitor services work.
Submission Information & Eligibility
Submit letter of application, resume and contact information for three references via email to Abby Bischoff, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Be a currently enrolled, undergraduate student who will be returning to college as a full-time (12 credit hours) junior or senior in the fall of 2021.
· At least 18 years of age.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
Work Schedule and Conditions
· 35 hours/week, schedule is negotiable, work from home possible
· This position is not eligible for sick, vacation and/or holiday leave during employment
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. to waist, 20 lbs. overhead
· Ability to work up extended period of time on feet, up to three hours
· SALARY. The individual shall receive a $1,500 salary distributed bi-weekly in equal amounts for the duration of employment.
The employee will receive an evaluation of their performance at the end of the internship period. The evaluation includes self-evaluation and program evaluation components.
● Develop, plan and assemble a year-long plan for the AgVenture Club
● Serve as member of planning team for annual Local Foods Fair Event, contributing in particular to food security themes at the event
● Contribute to marketing initiatives including social media and WordPress website management
● Monitor Stockyards Ag Experience Google Ad Words grant
● Develop Stockyards Ag Experience social media campaign specifically around the AgVenture Club
● Contribute to work of Stockyards Ag Experience Visitor Services team
● Assist as directed with weekend/evening museum hours and other special events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
● Knowledge of or interest in farming and food
● Ability to engage museum guests of all ages (preschool through mature adults)
● Technological proficiency in applications including Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Google Ad Words, Canva, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
● High level of organization and flexibility
● Alignment with Stockyards Ag Experience vision, mission, values and goals
High school graduation required; specific internship requirements listed above. Knowledge of or interest in education, history and agriculture beneficial.
A. CAREER DEVELOPMENT – Augment your classroom learning with a skilled non-profit mentor. Gain experience by implementing marketing initiatives in the context of a new non-profit organization. Engage with South Dakota’s most rapidly growing city and explore agriculture in the context of a three-state region.
B. SKILL DEVELOPMENT – Take a lead as an intern with a vibrant team. You’ll be working directly with staff, customers, board members and volunteers and learn what it means to be a part of a thriving non-profit organization.
C. PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT – Learn by doing in an innovative environment where new ideas, critical analysis and enjoying the work/life balance are encouraged. Outstanding networking opportunities with partners includin, Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Agribusiness Division, Experience Sioux Falls, South Dakota Tourism, South Dakota Speciality Producers Association and more.
No deadline for applications, but when we find the right person we’ll hire.