Project Management Internship – Mentor, OH
Looking for an non traditional engineering internship? Come be an active member of the Life Sciences Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) Capital Equipment team supporting new product development and current product support projects, working under the guidance of STERIS Project Managers. As a Project Management Intern, you will lead and drive to completion cross-functional projects during the course of the three-month program. This is a primarily technical role with projects related to a variety of disciplines including R&D+E, manufacturing, service, quality, marketing, sourcing, seeking to meet Customer requirements while aligning with product line strategies and engineering limitations.
Key Internship Information:
- Paid Internship
- Internship program starts May 17th, 2021 and ends August 6th, 2021
- Full-Time (40 Hours) – This is a full-time internship Monday – Friday.
- Location – This is a 100% onsite role and requires interns to work at our Mentor, Ohio facility. At this time we are not able to provide lodging assistance/accommodations.
What will you do as a Project Management Intern?
As a Project Management Intern, you will join our Life Sciences Division supporting our industry leading Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide Capital Equipment team!
- Lead cross-functional project teams from initiation to completion
- Identify and address project risks
- Monitor project budgets and team spending
- Create and execute project timelines
- Collect, modify, and analyze project data
- Help implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency and quality
- Learn industry standards and tools
- Communicate project progress and risks to leadership
- Manage project tasks and deliverables
- Organize and document project information
Please review additional information about our Life Sciences Division and the VHP team: https://bit.ly/3hN5NGK
Learn more about our VHP solutions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNO6StpIM-E
What Skills, Abilities, and Education do you need?
- Successful completion of Freshman level coursework or above by May 2021 in engineering discipline or management degree with technical experience. Prior internship is not required.
- Requires a fundamental understanding and application of engineering principles and/or product development
- Previous experience/coursework in project management is desirable, but not required
- Previous experience/coursework with Microsoft Project is desirable, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products
- Organizational, communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Initiates action and results oriented
- Exceptional team player and cross-functional leader
- Powerful interpersonal skills
What will you gain from your Internship at STERIS?
An Internship at STERIS will provide meaningful experiences that will enhance your education, give you real word experience, and help prepare you for a role after graduation. We will work to provide you practical experience and the work you do here will have a direct impact on our Project Management VHP team that you will get to see in real time! This opportunity will give you the exposure to cross-functional teams and the overall organization.-
At STERIS, we are making a difference for our Customers every day. We don’t just create products. We create amazing solutions that help reduce the threat of infection. We are the best at what we do. Our people make it so. We attract a variety of talented people who are simply…extraordinary. Our teams are doing remarkable things together. Because at STERIS, we know that no matter what role you have, you can make an impact. And we find that pretty energizing. Join us as a Project Management Intern!