Electrical Engineering Intern
Job Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -or- Overland Park, Kansas
Job Type: Part-time
Spur Design is an architecture, engineering and interior design firm established in 2008. We are a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with offices in Oklahoma City, Kansas City and Phoenix. Our client-focused approach to each project, regardless of size, type or location, has been the key to our steady growth and success over the past decade. Our firm provides quality problem solving services to our clients, offering comprehensive, multi-disciplinary project solutions for a variety of project types. Spur Design, LLC, has an immediate opening for a self-motivated and detail oriented Graduate or Early Career Electrical Designer to join our team in our Oklahoma City, OK, Overland Park, KS, or Phoenix, AZ office.
Responsibilities and Duties
Spur Design is seeking an Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering student who can work in collaboration with a project team from project design development through project construction. Project types will include new construction, renovations, and system upgrades and replacements. This individual must have technical, organizational, and documentation skills, be capable of communicating clearly with peers and supervisors, and have the ability to work toward deadlines, managing time effectively.
As an Electrical Engineering Intern, this individual will work to further their practical understanding of building/electrical codes, ability to perform calculations, select equipment, design and layout of electrical building systems (including lighting, power, tele-data, nurse call, security, and fire alarm), and write specifications.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science student in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical Emphasis from a four or five year ABET accredited college/university.
- Any experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit is preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without requiring a sponsorship (candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the U.S. are not accepted at this time).
- Spur Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer.