Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The People & Culture team consists of Talent Development, Recruitment, People Operations, Employer Brand, Business Partners, and Community Impact. Our purpose as a team is to maximize capacity and performance of our talent to make bigger dents within ecommerce and our communities. We ensure smooth functioning, scaling, and success for the organization.
Spreetail’s People and Culture department works internally and externally to create a work environment where employees can thrive and do their best work. This includes hiring the best employees, training and developing current employees, and creating a cohesive company brand. This role will take ownership of the recruitment side.
As a People and Culture intern, you thrive with collaboration. You can take others’ ideas and opinions and incorporate it in your own work. You are detail-oriented and are able to communicate internally and externally, clearly and concisely.
As a Recruitment Intern, you will:
- Create a positive candidate experience, acting as the primary contact for all candidates and representing Spreetail core values and culture.
- Screen resumes and conduct initial interviews for cultural and role fit with speed and quality as top indicators of potential hiring.
- Organize candidate interviews with hiring managers.
- Build rapport with hiring managers and communicate updates on open positions, pipeline, interview feedback, and hiring status.
Who you are:
- A quick worker. Recruitment is a numbers game. There’s quantity but what wins the race is how fast we go – this ensures that our recruitment is swift and proactive.
- Confident. You not only display personal confidence but confidence in Spreetail. Be the person internally and externally that people want to work with.
- Results-driven. You can thrive in pressure, are ambitious, and hungry for results.
- A strong communicator. You focus on communication that is clear, concise, direct, and timely with candidates and hiring managers.
- Trustworthy. You must have absolute respect for privacy with candidate information, compensation, and terminations. This is the utmost personal of information people have.
- Candid. You can have open and honest conversations with candidates and hiring managers and be open and honest to receiving feedback as well.
- Organized. There’s juggling and then there’s juggling 50 balls all moving in your hand. Don’t drop any balls – our future depends on it!
Intern Program Perks:
- Workshops and Trainings: You will take part in an intern-wide workshop called “Spreetail Connect” where you will be developed as a professional, take deep dives into our company/departments, and learn new technology/tools.
- Real Life Experience: The work that you will do at Spreetail is meaningful and makes a lasting impact. You will work alongside our full-time team and take part in tasks and projects with them.
- Networking Opportunities: We partner with the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development to connect us with local companies to provide networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, you will meet other interns through projects and activities.
- In-Depth Onboarding: You’ll take a deep dive into each of our departments, learn about our history and vision, and take part in hands-on projects in order to be as prepared as possible to take on your new role.
- Competitive Pay: We know the work that you’ll do is valuable, so we want to make sure you receive that value in return.
- Community Impact Project: Bring your passion for social impact as you will collaborate with other interns to implement an initiative to make positive change in our communities.
- Department Cross Training: We want to show you all aspects of our business and help you learn about the world of ecommerce.
- Casual Dress: Come as you are. Wear what makes you most comfortable so you can focus on making a difference.
- Professional & Personal Development: We’ll help you prepare for your future with resume reviews, weekly round-table discussions, and specialty skills trainings (ex: negotiation, efficient meetings, feedback techniques).
- Mentorship: You will be paired with two mentors: one inside your department and one outside your department. They will provide you with feedback to help identify opportunities to improve and grow in your role and as a professional.
- Social Events: Spreetail has organized events exclusively planned by interns for interns, as well as regular company outings for the team and our families.
- Tech Tools & Equipment: We provide you with all of the technology and tools you need to level up your skills and be successful in your role.
- Discount on Products: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell.
- Donation Matching: We want you to contribute to causes that you feel revolutionize your community. Starting your first day, Spreetail will match up to $250 each calendar year toward any nonprofit cause you choose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.