Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment centers in 8 cities across 6 states.
The Accounting department consists of teams focused on Accounts Payables, Revenue, Freight and Inventory. The goal of this team is to account for every financial transaction related to the company and its activities, understand why these transactions occurred, and find ways to improve the company’s profitability.
As a Financial Initiatives Intern, you will work on enhancing processes using data tools such as SQL, Excel, and PowerBI. You enjoy digging into the detailed steps of a process to figure out what formulas and data can do to drive more efficiency. You communicate solutions through data visualization and have a keen eye for assuring quality in your data sets. The analytical and communication skills you offer enable you to notice trends in data and correct issues you identify.
As a Financial Initiatives Intern, you will:
- Support day to day Financial Initiatives team activities alongside full-time analysts.
- Utilize flow charting tools to map out Spreetail processes.
- Pull, consolidate, and perform quality assurance checks on data needed to support an internship project.
- Publish data visualizations in PowerBI.
Who you are:
- Self driven. You are ready to take ownership of tasks.
- Willing to ask the tough questions to get the solutions you need.
- Collaborative. You are able to work with people and teams of all kinds to reach your goals.
- Able to receive and act upon feedback given to you by your manager and peers.
- Working toward a business or analytics-related degree.
- Knowledgeable of analytical tools.
Intern Program Perks:
- Workshops and Trainings: You will take part in an intern-wide workshop called “Spreetail Connect” where you will be developed as a professional, take deep dives into our company/departments, and learn new technology/tools.
- Real Life Experience: The work that you will do at Spreetail is meaningful and makes a lasting impact. You will work alongside our full-time team and take part in tasks and projects with them.
- Networking Opportunities: We partner with the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development to connect us with local companies to provide networking opportunities. Throughout the summer, you will meet other interns through projects and activities.
- In-Depth Onboarding: You’ll take a deep dive into each of our departments, learn about our history and vision, and take part in hands-on projects in order to be as prepared as possible to take on your new role.
- Competitive Pay: We know the work that you’ll do is valuable, so we want to make sure you receive that value in return.
- Community Impact Project: Bring your passion for social impact as you will collaborate with other interns to implement an initiative to make positive change in our communities.
- Department Cross Training: We want to show you all aspects of our business and help you learn about the world of ecommerce.
- Casual Dress: Come as you are. Wear what makes you most comfortable so you can focus on making a difference.
- Professional & Personal Development: We’ll help you prepare for your future with resume reviews, weekly round-table discussions, and specialty skills trainings (ex: negotiation, efficient meetings, feedback techniques).
- Mentorship: You will be paired with two mentors: one inside your department and one outside your department. They will provide you with feedback to help identify opportunities to improve and grow in your role and as a professional.
- Social Events: Spreetail has organized events exclusively planned by interns for interns, as well as regular company outings for the team and our families.
- Tech Tools & Equipment: We provide you with all of the technology and tools you need to level up your skills and be successful in your role.
- Discount on Products: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell.
- Donation Matching: We want you to contribute to causes that you feel revolutionize your community. Starting your first day, Spreetail will match up to $250 each calendar year toward any nonprofit cause you choose.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity, race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.