sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, New York, and Richmond. We seek a motivated communicator and content creator who can help tell sPower’s story and amplify the brand.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Corporate Communications Support
· Support execution of sPower’s Strategic Corporate Communications Plan.
· Craft engaging, persuasive, and thought-provoking content for various mediums using a wide variety of skills, including video, animation, design, and photography.
· Digitally differentiate sPower by crafting creative and on-brand content for the corporate website and social media channels. Ensure digital content is relevant, consistent, and targeted by building and executing a digital media plan and calendar.
· Support media relations on a corporate and project-level in coordination with Government & Community Relations, and Communications.
· Garner positive media coverage and create excitement among key external audiences.
· Actively monitor media engagement, coverage, and distribution through monitoring platforms.
Desired Experience & Skills:
· 2-5 years of communications experience, preferably in the renewable energy sector.
· Be an imaginative self-starter who can forge solutions and realize ideas.
· Have an insatiable desire to learn, ideate, and improve products and processes.
- Be a brilliant collaborator who can motivate and inspire others and build rapport with internal teams.
- Have a talent for storytelling and translating technical language and concepts into simplified graphic and written content.
- Be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills. Ideally, also have skills in graphic design, photography, and videography with an eye for brand positioning.
- Have a solid understanding of digital marketing, including email marketing and social media.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s in Communications, Journalism, or similar field.
· We’re on a mission | By working at sPower, you are helping achieve the company’s broader purpose: To power this nation’s energy future with renewable resources. Our work provides communities with clean, reliable energy and economic growth while producing long-term value for our partners and investors. Every job at sPower is helping to build a more sustainable future.
· We’re growing, and will you | In the last five years, we have increased our operating portfolio by 280 percent. In the next five years, we are projecting adding 14,000 additional megawatts. This sustained growth, coupled with our commitment to our employees, provides endless opportunities to learn, grow, and add value.
· We have a strong company culture | As a community, we are inclusive, sincere, collaborative, people-centric, and have unmatched grit.
· Commensurate with experience; competitive
About sPower: sPower, an AES and AIMCo company, is the largest private owner of operating solar assets in the United States. sPower owns and operates a portfolio of solar and wind assets greater than 1.9 GW and has a development pipeline of more than 10 GW. sPower is owned by a joint venture partnership between The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), a worldwide energy company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and the Alberta Investment Management Corporation, one of Canada’s largest and most diversified institutional investment fund managers. For more information, visit www.sPower.com.
sPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, covered veterans, sexual orientation and gender identity. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.