Sportech offers qualified engineering students a real-world experience working in an innovative program designed to enhance academic experience, professional growth and personal development. Students will be actively involved in concurrent engineering with Sportech’s customers and suppliers with fundamental exposure to an array of applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Work one on one with engineers on new product designs including CAD work, Prototype testing, and Print Creation.
- Take feedback from production and design parts for easier manufacturability.
- Opportunity to design and build assembly fixtures using CAD.
- Assist in creating work instructions for production
- Work with production to solve problems and help efficiency of processes.
- Work on Continuous Improvement initiatives. Working with Lean principles.
- Opportunity to collaborate with a variety of teams.
- A participant must be currently enrolled in an accredited Mechanical, Manufacturing, Plastics, Industrial, Packaging Engineering degree or related field program
- Participant must hold Junior or Senior standing
- Participant must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Participant must maintain all the above to continue in the program
- Sportech prefers all co-op participants to work with the company for a semester and a summer