Associate Software Engineer
Location: Preferred Frederick, MD / Flexible Remote
Spirent is seeking a talented engineer to work with our Service Assurance group in Frederick, Maryland. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional who enjoys collaborating with other engineers and product owners following the Agile/SCRUM development process. The position includes assisting in designing, implementing, and verifying new features in the Test Agent embedded software products of the VisionWorks® Solution in the Spirent Lifecycle Service Assurance business unit. These software products need to operate with real-time performance in a various container and virtual machine environments, and they fit into VisionWorks architecture via REST APIs.
Spirent. Promise. Assured.
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for networks, cybersecurity, and positioning. Our innovative portfolio of products and services addresses the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles, and beyond. Each year we assure the promises that more than 1,500 customers worldwide make to their customers, spanning communications, transportation, government, defense, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and more. Our network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from the lab to real-world deployment.
Why Spirent?… Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent is its people! When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the most passionate and greatest subject matter experts in the industry. Here, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen in an innovative and creative environment. Success is important to us, and so is your personal well-being. At Spirent, you will love the work and life balance experience!
· Analyze, design, and implement new features as defined by our product owners.
· Actively participate as a member of a SCRUM team.
· Follow test driven development and ensure code coverage of modules is maintained.
· Plan and automate testing of new features.
· Assist in diagnosis and troubleshooting field issues for current deployments of the product.
· Assist with developing content for training modules for new releases of the product.
· Use Jenkins for Continuous Integration, Jira for issue tracking, and Git for source control.
· Aid in preparation and delivery of status and performance presentations.
· A BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field is required, or equivalent experience.
· Some experience in SW development, including scripting languages (e.g. python, bash).
· Strong communication skills including technical and conversational speaking, writing and presentation skills.
· Strong collaboration skills.