re you looking for an internship where you’ll learn a variety of things?
Do you want an opportunity to grow your skills while still going to school?
Are you a quick learner and want to contribute to strategic business objectives?
If you answered “YES!”, then our Digital Strategy Team is looking for you!
Since 1952, Speedway Motors has been a partner in our customers’ passions, both on the street and on the racetrack. As a leading manufacturer and retailer of performance aftermarket automotive equipment, we’re looking for the right intern to help us connect our customers with the parts they need to build the vehicle of their dreams.
Our SEO Intern will have an opportunity to learn and contribute towards a variety of digital marketing disciplines: content marketing, content creation, long-tail keyword research, crawl budget optimization, website architecture/linking, website analytics tools, crawler log file analysis, on-page optimization, A/B testing, search merchandising, and more!
Here’s what you’ll work on:
- Interact with the Ecommerce, Marketing, and Merchandising teams to support search engine optimization projects and provide input into, and assist with, the implementation of SEO initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels.
- Provide constant analysis of the elements and structure of our eCommerce website, identify optimization opportunities, and recommend or implement improvements.
- Perform keyword research to assist with optimizing existing content and identify new opportunities.
- Provide recommendations for content development in coordination with established SEO goals – general and keyword specific.
- Assist with the monitoring of SEO related applications and services via internal applications and third-party tools (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools, Google Analytics).
- Assist with evaluating the effectiveness of existing link building campaigns and implement new campaigns.
- Identify and use various technical resources to learn SEO industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Assist with the creation of technical documentation for SEO strategies, best practices, internal solutions, and third-party integrations.
- Report to the Digital Strategy Manager any problems and status of progress on all assigned SEO related initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we will bring:
- Work will be performed remotely, with flexible hours.
- We’re open to part-time (during semester) of full-time (during summer) work.
- Comprehensive training.
- Team-centric culture, with a lean startup mentality, backed by a 68-year-old company.
What we’re looking for:
- Prefer candidate to be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program in a related field (usually Marketing or Advertising).
- Passion for learning eCommerce best practices and strategy development
- Passion for learning how an Ecommerce website is built, maintained and optimized
- Passion for learning eCommerce analytics
- Exceptional analytical, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and oral communication (English) skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience in website content creation a plus.
- Experience using any online website analytics/keyword tools a plus (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, MOZ, SEMRush, SpyFu, etc.).
- Familiarity with any Atlassian products a plus (JIRA, Confluence, etc.).