Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades.
SDL’s internship program provides an exciting opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to get involved with state-of-the art technologies in space-, airborne-, and ground-based systems. With the support of engineers and mentors, interns are able to work on professional-level assignments that complement their academic studies. The program also includes training workshops, networking opportunities, and a variety of summer events and activities.
The Strategic and Military Space Division is looking for several exceptional student software engineers for a summer internship. Interns will receive a competitive monthly stipend and will be tasked with varying duties based on current projects, needed support, and development phase. Work could include developing, testing, and integrating software systems for small satellites, sensor systems, and/or aerospace platforms, as well as helping to develop small satellite flight and ground support software.
· Possess familiarity with one or more of the following areas:
o Software requirements development and effort estimation
o Data processing algorithms
o Object recognition and machine learning
o Agile software development
o Aerospace systems design and development
o Code analysis
o Team collaborative tools (e.g. Redmine, Jenkins)
· Fluent in at least one object-oriented language, C++ and C# are preferred
· Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· U.S. Citizenship is required
Junior, senior, or graduate student
3.0 GPA minimum are required
Intern Hiring Period
Oct 1, 2020 – Dec 15, 2020
· Interviews can occur any time within the hiring period, so we encourage you to complete and submit your application as early as possible.
· Our goal is to notify all applicants of their status by January 15th, 2021.
Instructions to applicants:
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Cover Letter
Once you’ve completed the initial application, you will receive an e-mail requesting you to complete a video digital interview. For more information, please visit: https://hirevue.secure.force.com/E2Candidate/?lang=en_US
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.