No on-campus interviews–to schedule an interview contact email@example.com
AMERICORPS LEAP INITIATIVE— Pre-K Social Emotional Learning Development for Kindergarten Success
We are making effective strides in building the early childhood education and development movement in southern Minnesota. Become a part of making a difference in the lives of our youngest citizens’ school readiness preparation for Kindergarten. Experience amazing personal and professional rewards while serving children and classrooms!
• AmeriCorps LEAP (Learning Early Achieves Potential) members serve in early childcare programs with a focus on building relationships and the early EQ skills needed for social and emotional learning development. Children need time to learn about big emotions and the time to practice regulating big feelings and initiating positive social skills – the rules of the road for Kindergarten success. LEAP Members are the critical bridge for the additional time many children need for confidence and flourishing in this area of growth and learning.
• We recruit, connect, and match members to service positions within preschool classrooms to work one-on-one with preschool children who are at-risk of falling behind in these critical life skills.
• AmeriCorps engages more than 75,000 Americans each year in service to meet critical needs of the community
• $1,391 monthly living allowance for full time (1700 hours) service ($696 monthly for half time/900 hours)
• $6,345 Segal education award to attend college, graduate school or pay qualified student loans ($3,173 half-time)
• Forbearance and interest paid for qualifying student loans
• Health coverage and childcare support
• 24/7 mental health support and professional development
Work Life and Skill Benefits
• Gain valuable skills and experiences in areas that develop leadership skills and translate directly into job experience
• Experience supportive teamwork, opportunities to use your creativity, knowledge and communication skills, while serving in areas of teaching skills, using mindfulness, discovering how our mind/body connection helps or hinders learning, and other essential skills that will help you for the rest of your life, while gaining personal satisfaction with contributing significantly in the lives of young children who are just beginning to figure things out as they grow and develop.
As an AmeriCorps member, you will:
• Experience the satisfaction of incorporating service into your life and making a critical difference in the lives of children and your country
• Apply your skills meeting critical early childhood needs in southern Minnesota
• Work 1:1 and in small groups helping children, ages 3-5, build social/emotional proficiencies for Kindergarten
• Build relationships with children; provide positive recognition and specific interventions that build skills of empathy, emotion regulation and social skills
• Share information and resources with parents and caregivers to increase awareness for routine reading that strengthens bonds and school readiness skills
• Encourage more citizens to become early childhood advocates.
• Must be over 18 with a GED or high school diploma
• Two years post high school work (college degree preferred for some positions)
• Proof of citizenship or legal status; pass in southern Minnesota background check screening
LEAP is a national service donor sponsorship of Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation—Early Childhood Development, ServeMinnesota, and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
We are committed to recruiting and engaging individuals without regard to disability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation
For more information regarding this job application please visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=8437&fromSearch=true