The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective customer service and sales support to all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of company products, processes and systems. The position is also responsible for working cross-functionally with various departments, in support of targeted initiatives as they relate to overall company performance.
• Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Business Management, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent). 0-3 years of experience, preferably in a technical sales or service oriented role.
• Must be computer literate and display excellent communication and telephone skills.
• High energy level – Self-starter
• Technical aptitude required.
• Team oriented, people oriented and a relationship builder. Enthusiastic, confident and mature. Displays an innate sense of curiosity, and strong accountability.
• Reliable, with a resilient nature. Ability to thrive in a fast pace work environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Respond to all customer inquiries as they relate to order management, technical product specifications and design assistance. Do so through the effective utilization of Southco business systems (Material Requirements Planning – SAP; Customer Relationship Management – Salesforce), robust communication techniques and in-depth product knowledge.
- Manage key customer and distribution accounts by developing strong relationships, building an understanding of the customer business model, supporting various day-to-day activities, identifying mutually beneficial solutions and facilitating conflict resolution. Utilize gap analysis and order pattern recognition tools to identify order trend variances and proactively engage customers with order fulfillment optimization opportunities.
- Leverage customer interactions in order to identify new business opportunities with existing Southco customers as well as new potential customers. Qualify these opportunities by understanding the customers application, product usage, market strategy and production requirements. Work with the Southco business development team (Inside Sales, Account Managers, Marketing) to secure these new opportunities.
- Work with various functional teams to support strategic business development projects and operational excellence initiatives. This can include topics such as support and order fulfillment optimization for new customer programs, promotion of Marketing initiatives, alignment of operational capabilities with customer production requirements.
- Successfully complete the Southco onboarding training program, identify areas of additional focus and implement learning plan for continued development. Encompasses the following areas – product knowledge, application based selling, business system and tools utilization, process understanding. Partake in ongoing self-development by identifying focus areas within your current role or opportunities to advance personal career ladder. Work with the Customer Service Management team to create and implement corresponding development plan(s).
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities as they pertain to both processes within the Customer Service department and general Southco processes that impact customer satisfaction or internal efficiencies. Drive the development and implementation of detailed action plans; lead these plans to completion.