Manage all aspects of the restaurant food service operation at Hickory Knob State Resort Park.
1) Manages and supervises the restaurant in a professional manner to ensure an efficient, seamless operation.
2) Manages restaurant A-I and A-II human resource functions, employee timecards and tip entry/allocation.
3) Monitor & maintain kitchen inventories and supplies by requisitioning adequate stock. Responsible for inventories, purchasing, and budgets for restaurant.
4) With the Kitchen Manager, plans menus and accommodates special food service requests/catering and provides meals that both meet USDA nutritional standards and are appealing visually and to taste. In the absence of the Kitchen Manager, oversees the preparation and presentation of food in a restaurant environment.
5) Ensures that all health and safety regulations and requirements are met and maintained.
6) Establishes standards and schedules for all restaurant staff. Effectively communicates responsibilities and concerns to employees.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the Restaurant/Gift Shop, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Hickory Knob State Resort Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Allison R. King, M.Ed., SHRM-CP
Employment and Recruitment Manager
South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 522
Columbia, SC 29201
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.