Solutran is seeking a well-organized, talented individual with strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills to provide support as a Business Analyst to our organization. Our employees perform well in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Our Business Analysts serve as liaisons among product management, operations, client services, and product development to translate business needs into product requirements. They elicit, understand, analyze, and translate requirements into technical documentation. The individual will communicate the requirements to the project delivery team and facilitates activities through the software development lifecycle. This is an opportunity for you to have a direct impact on improving client and member experience by supporting our unique products.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage assigned product(s), processes, and related performance.
- Complete feature analysis, elicit, translate, and simplify requirements and turn into artifacts including functional design documents, technical requirements, use cases, developing test plans and test cases, conducting testing, overseeing training and procedural documentation, and managing implementations.
- Work collaboratively with design, development, and others to ensure understanding and to gain consensus during the requirements process.
- Interface with IT in developing requirements to ensure an efficient architecture and design of the final outcome.
- Interface with Operations in analyzing business needs to enhance operational performance and effectiveness.
- Interface with Client Service in analyzing client needs related to existing products and services.
- Interface with Product Development in analyzing client needs related to new client implementations or new product initiatives.
- Proactively seek and implement process improvements including analyzing data trends to identify opportunities through internal & external system/process enhancements.
- Analyze product issues, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements.
- Assist product or project manager in documenting requirements and implementing new strategic features or functionality.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional product or project teams.
- Identify financial, operational or compliance risks and establish controls to mitigate risks.
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations.
- Support Operations Analysts in trouble-shooting complex issues and well as supporting with evening coverage.
- Cross-train to support other Business Analysts with their products as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university and two or more years related experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a BA position or analytical role.
- Detail, analytical, and results oriented skills with the ability to synthesize data to define system requirements.
- Understanding of project management and testing methodology and procedures.
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, and conferring cross-functionally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to develop software product test schedules, review testing plans, track test issues and report on test results.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Strong technical skills including database/SQL queries, workflow analysis/definition and writing technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
Where you will work:
The position is an office-based position in Plymouth, MN. There may be an option for this role to have a hybrid schedule – work from home and work in the office – with manager approval.
Learn and Grow:
We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. At Solutran, you have the opportunity to work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are both teachers and learners who are valued for their contributions and the perspective they bring.
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance plans.
- Start accruing 18 or 23 PTO days per year (based on salary grade) when working 40 hours per week. PTO accrual is pro-rated for our part-time employees.
- Your number of PTO days increase with your years of service.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Support for Community Involvement
- Casual dress when working in the office
This position does not require frequent travel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and/or vendors.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.