Challenging work; brilliant scholars; and the chance to make a difference!
Sojourner Truth Academy (STA) is currently seeking a committed, passionate, Prekindergarten Teacher who holds a belief in the ability of our scholars, to join our team of licensed teachers and highly qualified paraprofessionals for the 2020-2021 school year, starting out with distance learning.
Sojourner Truth Academy is a PK-8 open-enrollment public charter school in Minneapolis, MN. We are driven by our mission to prepare children for the future by building confidence and a strong sense of self-worth through small classrooms and an open, safe, family-like environment. STA supports families by embracing change when necessary for the good of the children and serving as a bridge to the community. Staff at STA is dedicated to and held accountable for providing a learning experience that is culturally relevant, challenging and fun. Sojourner Truth Academy is a results-driven school founded in 1999.
- $38,000-$48,000+ Experience-based, Teachers
- Potential Annual Performance-Based Salary Increase
- Teacher & Public Loan Forgiveness Eligible Institution
- Staff tuition reimbursement program for pursuing a teaching license or furthering teacher education
- Competitive Family Benefits Plan:
- Single Medical Coverage Paid at 100%
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Retirement benefits
- Health and fitness benefits
STA WORK CULTURE & ENVIRONMENT
- Team-based work culture with embedded weekly professional learning community meetings.
- An open-door, family-like environment where the staff is valued and celebrated.
- Cultural competency is prized, nurtured, and developed.
- Multi-Tiered System of Support provides targeted academic and behavior supports for every scholar.
- Award-winning model: Teacher Leadership Teams drive and operate STA’s academic program
- 13:2 Prekindergarten classroom scholar to teacher ratio
- A support staff member in every classroom
- Classroom budget provided
- Licensure CEU Requirements Embedded into Staff Development Schedule
- 97% of Staff look forward to coming to work each day
- 92% of 2-5 graders feel STA adults respect scholars who are different
- 28% of STA teachers are teachers of color
- Staff Makeup: 53% African-American, 36% white, 8% Latino, and 3% multi-racial
- Total Learning Classroom, Minnesota Reading Corps partner school (KG-3)
- Financially strong district: *Strong fund balance *Highest opinion earned from independent financial audit *Minnesota Department of Education, School Finance Award recipient, 15 years
REQUIRED TRAINING QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaching positions require an appropriate Minnesota Teaching license.
- Please seek more information about our learning community before taking the time to submit an application: www.sojournertruthacademy.org
- Qualified, passionate applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Alma Trevino at email@example.com.
- Applicant materials will be accepted until the positions are filled.