SMG (Service Management Group) wants you as our Software Engineer Intern for Summer 2021! Under the guidance of a software engineer or senior engineer, the Software Engineer Intern will use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. You will create and execute unit tests and addresses defects.
SMG inspires experiences that improve people’s lives. We are a catalyst for change, providing actionable customer, patient, and employee insights that boost loyalty and drive business outcomes. Our unique model puts a dual focus on platform technology and professional services—making it easier to collect, analyze, and share feedback and behavioral data across the enterprise.
At SMG, we love to solve hard problems together. We are fast learners and curious team members who ask great questions. Our technologists embrace a learning culture, where hard-work, creative thinking, and initiative are valued and rewarded. Our team members are obsessed with creating innovative, client-centric technology together, while operating with the highest levels of integrity, humility, and respect for others. We take our work very seriously, have fun, and create great products as a team. To learn more about our customer experience management, employee experience, and brand research solutions, visit www.smg.com.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components.
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches.
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system under guidance of software engineer or senior.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and under guidance of software engineer or senior produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans.
- Maintains current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Knowledge of system analysis, design and programming.
- Knowledge of web-based application development, relational database technology, and development of interface software.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.