At Simon, we strive for the highest levels of employee safety, ethical standards, environmental stewardship, and quality in our products and services. We believe that achieving these standards leads to positive revenue and profit – more importantly, they ensure we are doing business the right way.
Simon’s internship program is designed to provide first-hand exposure to industry operations, as well as 1:1 mentorship and networking opportunities to students in order to supplement college educational programs in the areas of business, engineering, and construction management. Students in the program have the opportunity to work in various administrative and operational areas, contribute to company goals through completion of focused project work, and apply concepts learned in the classroom to business operations.
Summary: Under direct supervision, assists the Accounting/Finance team in carrying out various accounting programs and procedures as part of the company’s internship program.
As part of the internship program, the accounting intern will gain exposure to financial, accounting, and business processes, including, but not limited to:
· Assisting with month end and quarterly closings, financial reporting, and budgeting
· Assisting with accounts receivable, payable, and bank statement reconciliations
· Assisting with Balance Sheet reconciliations
· Performing data entry into accounting systems such as JD Edwards, ADRA, OnBase and Anaplan
· Assisting Accounting department with other general accounting functions
· Completing projects assigned as a part of the internship program requirements
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
· Current enrollment in a relevant degree program, including accounting, finance, or business administration
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
· Valid Driver’s license and clean driving history preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Most work performed in an office environment; quiet to moderate noise level
· Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 35 pounds with or without assistance
· Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
· Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
· Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Standing/working on feet for long periods, and walking across uneven terrain
· Sitting for long periods at a desk using a computer
· Some travel, including overnight stays may be required
Workplace Values Requirements:
· Support, promote, and practice Simon core values, vision, and mission
· Support, promote, and comply with Simon Code of Ethics, Workplace Conduct, Safety, and other established policies at all times
· Embrace the Company’s safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
· Align personal vision and goals with larger goals of the Company
· Support continuous improvement to improve Simon processes, performance, safety, and overall success
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.