PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position provides technical and analytical support for on-going Store Support and Installation projects. This position takes direction and guidance from the Business Process Manager and Industrial Engineers within the Store Support and Installation departments to conduct short term projects and analyses targeted at insourcing work performed by 3rd party contractors and new store equipment installation labor efficiencies. This position will require overnight travel and the time spent on construction job sites.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)Conduct short term projects to understand requirements to insource work currently performed by 3rd party contractors and recommendations to improve equipment installation labor efficiencies
- Analysis on value add vs. non-value add activities on the job site
- Perform data collection and analysis in assigned areas
- Conduct time and motion studies in active Sheetz store construction sites
- Map on-site processes to identify bottlenecks and areas of opportunity to eliminate waste
- Assist in defining, developing and documenting processes and procedures for installation resources
- Provide various technical and analytical support for on-going Store Support and Installation projects
- For any assigned projects, document the methods used, findings and your recommendations based on the results
The education, experience and license/certification requirements represent the MINIMUM requirements necessary to perform the functions of this position successfully.
- EducationIdeal candidate is working towards bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- ExperienceExperienced and/or comfortable on an active construction site preferred
- Familiarity working directly with laborers and skilled construction resources preferred
- Knowledge of Kaizen and LEAN manufacturing methodologies
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Sophomore/Junior or Junior/Senior level preferred, but not required
- Must be able to perform data analysis in Microsoft Excel and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Tools & EquipmentMust have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work
- All travel expenses will be paid directly or reimbursed. Possibility for use of a company-provided vehicle.