The Heritage at Shalimar Gardens is looking for a universal aide to join our great team! We offer a fun, rewarding work environment with great benefits and competitive wages! This position is located in Omaha, Nebraska.
Universal Aide provides assistance to residents by providing prompt, friendly and professional services, completes assigned tasks as a universal worker, and meets the basic needs of each resident. These services are delivered in a caring manner that maximizes residents’ independence, choice, dignity, privacy and promotes positive physical and psychosocial environment. Universal Aides assists with CNAs and nursing staff; but cannot perform any direct care (transferring, toileting, feeding, bathing etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer call lights and communicate needs to CMAs/CNAs.
- Assists residents with basic non-direct care requests such as providing water, delivering food, opening doors and providing companionship to residents.
- Follows and supports fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
- Greets residents, visitors, and team members courteously and answers phones when assigned.
- Assists with meals including delivering foods and collecting trays as directed.
- Assists with housekeeping and laundry services including tidying resident rooms, making empty beds, sanitizing high touch areas, cleaning wheelchairs and collecting laundry as directed.
- Opportunities to interact one on one with those seniors impacted by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates Core Values
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and staff.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience working with elderly in a healthcare or caregiving setting is preferred. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines. Food handlers permit preferred.