Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the 16,000+ eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
As the Strategic Partnerships Intern, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Brand Partnerships, who is responsible for driving net new sales and revenue growth with the largest US merchants by implementing custom solutions for an on-time launch.
In this role you will help on different projects to help drive sales and launch some of the largest US merchants with Sezzle.
You love implementing structure and you enjoy taking apart a process and rebuilding it to make it better. You enjoy working in a fluid, fast growing environment. You are an excellent communicator who is comfortable presenting to senior management.
What You’ll Do
- Create and manage deliverables to ensure on-time/successful Enterprise Launch
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, Analytics, and Marketing
- Lead ad-hoc projects and analyses for the Director of Enterprise Brand Partnerships
What We Look For
- Demonstrated success in process improvement, creating operations structure and building reporting and analytics
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of sales and business development
- Outstanding communication skills and experience presenting to C-level executives
- BA/BS degree
- You have relentlessly high standards – many people may think your standards are unreasonably high. You are continually raising the bar and driving those around you to deliver great results. You make sure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
- You’re not bound by convention – your success—and much of the fun—lies in developing new ways to do things
- You have a bias for action – speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk-taking.
- You earn trust – you listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully.
- You have backbone; disagree, then commit – you can respectfully challenge decisions when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. You have conviction and are tenacious. You do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, you commit wholly.
- You deliver results – you focus on the key inputs and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. Despite setbacks, you rise to the occasion and never settle.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.