About the Role:
Are you interested in working for a fast-paced tech company? Do you see yourself going into a sales or marketing position after graduation, or would you like to gain experience in those areas? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Sezzle may be a great fit for you. Sezzle has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to make a real difference. As an intern, you will get to work with our sales, marketing, and merchant development teams, while working on real projects that will help grow our business. We will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that you’ll never forget. You will become extremely knowledgeable in sales and marketing best practices. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and will be working side-by-side with company leadership.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Work with existing customers to drive additional growth
- Bring leads through a sales cycle and close customers.
- Create compelling content that will be shared with customers and to the public.
- Effectively use cutting edge business tools like Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce.com, and Pardot to drive productivity.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Degree or working toward a degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or another related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible
- Unafraid to communicate directly with customers.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.