About the Role:
The Operational Efficiencies Intern works directly with the Operational Efficiencies Project Manager to accomplish company-wide objectives. Through working directly with Sezzle leadership and relevant departments, they help scope and execute changes and enhancements to existing policies, processes, and procedures. This role will help maintain ongoing projects as well assist in the development of new initiatives.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the 16,000+ eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
- Partner with other Sezzle teams to help execute company-wide objectives
- Self-manage and execute Operational Efficiencies projects and goals
- Serve as a point-of-contact for large-scale cross-departmental projects
- Lead project planning sessions to efficiently engage all teams
- Effectively set and manage timelines, promptly communicates any delays or adjustments to related stakeholders
- Assist in the creation, updating, and management of internal documentation (internal site, process documentation)
- As projects are completed, create and document processes to streamline similar future requests
- May perform Salesforce management tasks as needed
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Pursuing a degree in Business Communication, Project Management, or similar
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- GPA 3.5 or higher is preferred
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative fun workspace
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.