About the Role:
As a Marketing Intern, you will be responsible for executing marketing tasks and programs. To achieve these goals, you will work very closely with the marketing team. As a content marketer, you will create topics such as channel optimization, persona identification, segmentation and analytics, and activate communication via social media, website and blog platforms.
The primary aim for this role is to create relevant content for our Sezzle users (end consumers) editorially, to build brand awareness, drive increased traffic to Sezzle and it’s customers (merchants), driving increased sales through email marketing, etc. In addition, you will be responsible for some arm of content marketing and strategy—creating holistic email campaigns, copywriting, email automation, merchant curation, data/analytics, etc.
In the Sezzle universe, work is extremely fast-paced. We see chaos as a source of innovation and it’s the pulse of our company. As a result, roles are constantly evolving and there are plenty of exciting opportunities for career progression. We’re a team with big dreams and the motivation to make them happen, so we’re looking for adaptable, customer-centric superstars who can roll up their sleeves and help us find the right solutions.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the hundreds of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
- Editorial creation of marketing texts, copy texts, marketing emails, push notifications, sms (potentially social media), and more
- Target placement of this content in the relevant communication channels (email, in-app push notifications, push notifications, sms)
- Observation of topic-specific market developments, their interpretation and day-to-day implementation in a media-appropriate context for internal and external interested parties
- Monitoring and measuring the success of the implemented communication projects based on strategic KPIs
- Identification of relevant communication media (eg product descriptions) and their market-oriented preparation in close cooperation with the sales management
- Moderation of internal communication for the Sezzle team
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, Journalism. Or a degree in Business or Humanities with a focus on Marketing / Communication / Product Marketing
- Relevant experience of marketing of web-based services; experience in retail, customer service, or the service industry and/or payments is an advantage
- Relevant experience of email marketing is an advantage
- Experiences in the creation and control of B2C communication is a plus
- Creativity, team spirit, responsibility, independence, and commitment
- Courage for innovation and unconventional solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Self-starter with determination to complete tasks on deadlines.
- Flexible in an ever-changing environment and industry.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Collaborative workspace, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more! – Currently Remote Working
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest-growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.