ServiTech is looking for motivated and hardworking Agronomy Interns across the mid-west!
The ServiTech vision “Sustainably Creating a More Productive Planet!” is accomplished every day through our hard-working and dedicated employees. Our experience and knowledge in the agronomy business have brought a brand of trust throughout the world. is accomplished every day through our hard-working and dedicated employees. Our experience and knowledge in the agronomy business have brought a brand of trust throughout the world.
ServiTech is dedicated to providing interns with valuable experiences that will increase their practical agronomy knowledge. Our intern positions allow for a wide diversification of geography and farming practices. As a ServiTech Intern, you’ll be an integral part of the team, applying knowledge from the classroom setting in a real-life environment, tackling real challenges, interacting with clients, collaborating with, and supporting professional Agronomists while building your skillset for the future. Interns are given priority consideration for future employment opportunities with ServiTech.
ServiTech offers paid internships with opportunities in multiple locations. This posting is specifically for internship opportunities in the eastern Nebraska territory. If you are interested in an internship for a different state – please review our career site for other postings. The duration of the internship is somewhat flexible and can be adapted to meet school scheduling needs. Equipment needed to perform the job will be provided including a truck and ATV for transportation.
Intern Duties Include but Are Not Limited To:
- Gain hands-on experience with industry leaders as it relates to analyzing field data, interpreting results, and formulating recommendations through assisting Agronomists
- Execute ServiTech’s operational workflows as outlined
- Routinely travel across the territory to assigned customer locations
- Support precision ag products and services
- Install moisture sensors for customers promptly and monitor the health of devices with provided software tools
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and report issues/resolution to the appropriate teams
- Operate an ATV with GPS receivers and read field maps
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Agronomy, Soils, Crop Science, Entomology, AgBusiness, or other Agriculture majors are preferred but not required
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Ability to be flexible, manage change, and meet deadlines
- Ability to ethically analyze data and report results with integrity
- Ability to focus, pay attention to details, monitor work for accuracy, and manage multiple priorities
- Proficient computer operation skills and the ability to learn related software programs
- Ability to sit, stand or drive for long periods of time, the ability to walk fields carrying installation equipment and drive for long periods of time, must be able to climb stairs, stoop, bend, reach and kneel when performing routine job duties, this position will routinely lift 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds
The intern position will include 40+ hours a week and may include weekends during peak seasons. However, the workload is based on the customer’s needs and will fluctuate.
ServiTech provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.