At SERES, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users with customizable features when they want it.
We are looking for a Motor Simulation Intern for our product development group.
- Specification, design and analysis of advanced traction motors and controllers for specific vehicle performance targets.
- Perform sizing and tradeoff study of energy storage system, gear box, motor system, thermal management system and other vehicle subsystems.
- Perform motor electromagnetic and thermal design optimization.
- Perform motor control algorithm design, simulation, specification and verification.
- Perform characterization, parameter estimation, tuning and calibration of motor system on dyno.
- Develop testing plans to validate motor electromagnetic and thermal designs including performance and durability.
- Work with mechanical engineers to create motor design drawings and release to manufacturing.
- Support structural and mechanical analysis of motor systems including NVH and durability.
- Support powertrain system integration and vehicle control integration.
- Support motor manufacturing development including material sourcing, supplier engagement and process development.
- Prefer PhD in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, but will consider Masters degree also.
- Knowledgeable in electric vehicle architecture and modeling process.
- Experience in power electronics hardware and motor control algorithms.
- Hands-on programming and development experience in MATLAB/Simulink/Simscape, C/C++, Python.
- Experience with electromagnetic analysis tools such as ANSYS, JMAG, FLUX or Infolytica.
- Solid understanding of various types of electric machines, dynamic modeling, parameter estimation, and advanced control.
- Experience in the design and analysis of high power density permanent-magnet motors, switched reluctance motors and induction motors.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art manufacturing methods of electric machines and relevant global supply chain.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- 3+ years of experience (academic or professional) in electric machine modeling, design, analysis and manufacturing.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SERES is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.