At Sentry, we realize that getting valuable, hands-on experience is important for you and your career. We don’t offer just an internship; we offer a whole experience built to give talented students like you a head start for your career. From rewarding work in your business area to professional development trainings all the way to paid volunteer time and diverse social events, we make sure our internship program fits all of your needs.
What You’ll Do
The Claims intern will work closely with a mentor to understand how commercial or consumer claims are handled.
Our Claims internship offers opportunities to:
• Assist claims reps with follow up calls
• Exposure to litigated/non-litigated claims
• Engage in claim negotiations
• Support customers with empathy and understanding
• Verify coverages and investigate losses by gathering pertinent information
• Document claim files with all pertinent information and disposition
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Insurance, Communication, or a related field
- Obtain a minimum in-major GPA of 3.00
- Graduating in Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021 preferred
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Sentry does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You’ll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Real work experience in a professional setting
- Opportunity to unleash your talents and add value to the organization
- Exposure to company executives
- Competitive compensation
- Community engagement through social activities and paid volunteer time
- Free housing
- Free access to Sentry’s onsite Fitness Center, which includes an Olympic size pool, full size gym, racquetball court, and more
- Access to full cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
- Convenient on-site amenities such as our onsite credit union, auto center, theater, hair salon, restaurant, 18-hole championship golf course and more!