Seneca Foods Corporation of Glencoe, Minnesota is seeking an individual to join our team as a Field Representative in our Agricultural Department.
A Field Representative consults with and advises growers in all phases of farming and harvest operations to products under contract.
Seneca Foods Corporation offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k).
Seneca Foods Corporation operates within a critical industry and is committed to providing safe, nutritious products to stores and customers during this crucial time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute a plan to contract crop acres
- Issue seed, plant, survey for weeds and other pests, stake fields, sample crops, procure labor and equipment
- Supervise harvest of peas and sweet corn acreage, and maintain accurate records
- Develops a relationship with owners of leased land, equipment dealers, material suppliers, growers, and community to ensure the best interests are realized
- Ensure that GMP’s (General manufacturing Practices), safety rules and regulations are being followed and enforced
- Cross training with other departments as opportunities arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year degree in Agriculture or related field or equivalent experience
- Must be knowledgeable in all general agriculture areas
- Must demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills; a high work ethic and leadership/supervisory skills; written and oral communication skills