As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we expand our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business and private banking, cash management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa and Texas. We have 12 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as new full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
This position is responsible for underwriting loans using the bank’s lending software – completing written analyses of the applicant’s ability to repay the loan and assess the strengths & weaknesses of the Bank’s repayment sources in light of industry and other environmental trends. Assists Relationship Managers with monitoring and managing credit risk for existing client relationships. Interprets and carries out policies relating to all phases of credit administration department functions.
· As part of the ongoing portfolio management for Commercial & Industrial (C&I) businesses, commercial real estate investors, and private banking clients:
a. Annual Credit Reviews: For Borrowers generally over Loan Committee thresholds, determine on-going credit quality and appropriateness of the assigned risk rating by reviewing the Borrower’s payment history, financial statement trends & cash flow, and/or operating statements and rent rolls for the Bank’s commercial real estate collateral.
b. Complete reviews of the Bank’s investments, as assigned.
c. Complete financial analyses of the Bank’s vendors, as assigned.
Financial Statement Spreading (25%)
· Create/update spreads of financial statements or tax returns using software and test for compliance with financial covenants, when applicable.
· Verify that the tracking items are accurate and update them if they not. This is in addition to the normal spreading done in conjunction with underwriting and reviews.
Financial Analysis & Credit Underwriting (15%)
· For Commercial & Industrial (C&I) businesses, commercial real estate investors, and private banking clients:
a. New Business: For new or existing relationships with proposed credit exposure generally over Loan Committee thresholds, prepare a Credit Memo with the Relationship Manager including: analysis of the business and industry, financial statement changes and trends, cash flow adequacy, collateral coverage, and Guarantor support (including a global cash flow analysis, as needed). Address causes (how/why) for material changes. Cite mitigants and provide remediation for weaknesses and potential problems. Identify and discuss strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
b. Renewals: For relationships with credit exposure generally over Loan Committee thresholds, approximately 60 days prior to maturity of loans, review the Renewal Checklist prepared by the Relationship Coordinators. If not prepared, check the loan system (or credit file) and inform the Relationship Coordinator and Relationship Manager of financial statements, collateral reports, personal financial statements, tax returns, and other customary documentation needed to underwrite the renewal. Underwrite the Borrower and obtain approval for renewal ideally 30 days, but not less than 10 days, prior to maturity.
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
· Minutes: Record and distribute minutes for Loan Committee meetings.
· Meetings: Assist with conducting the Past Due Meeting by presenting various reports on the projector and advise Loan Committee members of liens and garnishments since the last meeting.
· Prepare real estate evaluations and complete appraisal reviews.
· Assist with portfolio management by completing floor plan inspections, borrowing base reviews, or collateral exams.
· Assist with the preparation of monthly monitoring reports and credit analytics.
· Conducting joint customer calls with Bankers as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills with an understanding of financial statements and tax returns including an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using good business writing skills.
· Be able to demonstrate good time management skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
· Good working knowledge with Word, Excel, Outlook and bank loan systems.
· Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related business field, or equivalent banking experience required
· Minimum of 1-3 years of credit analysis experience required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.