- The duties of the Engineering Co-Op will be focused on supporting the execution of projects at Schreiber’s Stephenville, TX production facility. This individual will work closely with plant Operations and Maintenance teams. This Co-Op is June ’21 – December ’21, approximately 40 hours/week. Relocation benefits are provided to eligible candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing design criteria for new equipment Creating layouts Evaluating alternatives to choose the best solution
- Contact OEM’s to obtain equipment specifications, layouts and quotations.
- Collaborating with the Finance Team to analyze cost-benefit
- Managing vendors and contractors
- Conducting/Assisting with factory acceptance tests
- Overseeing/Assisting with equipment installation
- Managing small capital projects
What you will need to succeed:
- Completed Sophomore-level status or higher toward a BS degree in an Engineering program (Mechanical or Manufacturing preferred)
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, June ’21 – Decemb ’21
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work well with Plant Partners, Engineering Partners, as well as Partners in other departments
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them on time and accurately
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities.
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program