EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: SAS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – SUMMER 2021 (MASTERS / PH. D)
Please note that this posting is only an expression of interest to the 2021 Internship Program. To be considered for an internship position, you will need to apply for openings that are posted on sas.com/intern. These will be posted as business needs arise.
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. At SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What We Do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
As a Masters or PhD Intern, you will have the opportunity to interact with some of the best and brightest of our staff, including many with doctoral degrees. The program provides an excellent opportunity to learn, collaborate and explore the software industry as a career choice.
We offer internships in the following areas and more:
Machine Learning/AI – Computational Research, Development of new ML algorithms
Operations Research – Optimization, Simulation and Network analysis
Statistics – Bayesian modeling, latent variable models, sparse methods for high-dimensional modeling, structural equations modeling
IoT – Transform and model high frequency data, System Degradation, Numerical Validation, Numerical Testing, and Prototyping
Econometrics – Panel data methods, Discrete choice modeling and market research methods, Stochastic frontier, modeling, Bayesian econometrics methods
Forecasting – Automating Enterprise Forecasting, Computational Algorithms
Timeline & Process
- Interviews: Interviews begin in October of 2020 and continue a rolling basis.
- Length of Internship: 10-12 weeks
- Internship Start Dates: May 18, 2021 or June 1, 2021
- Internship End Date: August 6, 2021
Once you apply to this application, we will provide regular status updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Based on your prior experiences and interests, your resume will be shared with hiring managers across SAS. This will then determine who you interview with during the selection process. During the selection and interview process, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the team you may work on.
We need you to:
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Take ownership of your mistakes (catch them, if you can!), and learn from them.
- Embrace technology. You geek out over the latest and greatest!
- Be a team player. You’re always ready to pitch in.
- Choose your own adventure. This internship is full of possibilities, so take advantage of them.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re enrolled in a Masters or PH. D degree program and not completing the degree prior to December 2021.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You’re involved inside and outside of the classroom. You’re passionate about more than just your academics.
- You’re available to work full-time for 10-12 weeks over the summer.
- You’re a leader. You lead projects and/or clubs and you sit in the front row of the class.
- You’re a strong student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. You can balance academics and involvement like a pro.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.