About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team
Work as a member of the Service Management team responsible for Change and Problem management of Ariba Cloud based solutions. Collaborate with internal operations teams as well as Development and Support Engineering staff to support and facilitate the delivery of a highly available production environment. The candidate must understand change control process and methodologies within the ITSM framework. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is an individual contributor hands-on position.
What you’ll do:
Position title: SAP Ariba iXp Intern – Service Management/Business Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA (Virtual)
Expected start date to end date: June 14th, 2021 – August 20th, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures for all Ariba Products and Solutions that are hosted within the Ariba service offering.
- Work with a Technical Staff to solve complex customer related issues with a given RCA.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to manage both the Ariba change management schedule and associated activity.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation sets, troubleshooting guides and procedural documentation.
- Function as a technical Project Manager for evaluating solutions within the ITSM space.
- Manage meetings in reference to root cause analysis and provided a detailed technical summary of the meeting including root cause.
- Verifies the completeness and timeliness of all RCA summaries prior to leadership approval.
- Acts as a source of reference for questions, problems and suggestion’s about the Change Management and Problem Management process.
- Work on proof of concepts to help simplify and manage Ariba’s ITIL Methods and Procedures.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Experienced working in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- Ability to identify and translate content related to complex technical issues.
- Working knowledge of a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Basic knowledge of protocols such as: TCP/IP, SSL, SSH, DNS.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task various projects and related tasks.
- Work in a group setting by contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Project oriented with the ability to drive efforts to achieve goals and deadlines.
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don’t miss anything about our experiences worldwide!