This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about your work and want to explore state-of-the-art solutions? Are you looking to join a dynamic team that solves exciting issues for the nation’s security? If so, you could be the highly motivated Systems Engineer we seek. You will work with key partners across the Neutron Generator (NG) Enterprise to design, prototype, and deliver automated test equipment to our Production partners.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work with a highly integrated team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to generate functional requirements for automated test equipment.
- Perform requirements mapping, verification, and validation of automated test equipment.
- Write formal engineering documents to authorize tester delivery and use in manufacturing.
- Identify areas where Lean, 5S, and continuous improvement principles might be implemented.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q Clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Active DOE Q Clearance
- History of designing and developing automated test equipment
- Strong verbal/written communications skills
- INCOSE certification at the Associate Systems Engineering Professional level, or higher
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Complete complex projects within budget, scope, and schedule constrains
- Write SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realizable, and Timely) requirements
- Perform requirements/GAP analysis
- Write test plans, calibration procedures, operational procedures, and work instructions
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
About Our Team
This team is responsible for enabling the acquisition of neutron generator performance data. Our vision is to “acquire hi-fidelity test data to enable high consequence decisions.” Our mission is “delivering exemplary test solutions in the national interest.” We define, design, build, and qualify automated test equipment used to support neutron generator S&T, development, production, shelf life, and surveillance testing. Continuously improving tester requirements, tester standardization, test fidelity, tester capability, and delivery times are some of our core values. We also provide on-going engineering support of the existing tester fleet.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.