What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Summer – Technical Undergraduate Intern that specializes in IT Enterprise Systems to join our team where you will have the opportunity to work on Medical and Learning and Health Systems. We operate in an Agile team environment applying DevOps concepts while working on new development, Cloud Systems and in support of existing systems. Our department also performs Information Assurance activities cross functionally for other departments.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work in teams to support gathering requirements, configuration, development, testing, and operations and maintenance activities of enterprise applications.
- Team with others to support Sandia’s mission by adding value, improving operations, offering innovative solutions and appropriately managing risk for the corporation.
Qualifications We Require
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
Qualifications We Desire
- GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 preferred.
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps concepts
- Basic database experience
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a teaming environment.
About Our Team
Learning and Health System department, provides agile, innovative, process-based IT solutions primarily for Human Resources. The corporate applications and technology we deliver include the Medical Health Systems, and Corporate Learning Applications along with Cloud Systems. Our vision is to provide continuous support of Sandia’s HR systems offering accurate, timely and auditable data while partnering with our customers for solutions that assist them in meeting their business objectives.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.